First of all, I would like to thank you for reading this because there is a lot of information here. The purpose of this article is so that you may be informed regardless of your political preferences. While embarking on this endeavor there are two things I learned about while writing this. First thing is there is a difference between a FISA investigation and a criminal investigation. The second thing I learned is that the both of these occurred and were reported on by all major news networks. I did read every single article in full mentioned below to get an understanding on this point of view.
These eight points were laid out by the conservative writer, talk show host, former Chief of Staff to the Attorney General (Reagan Administration) Mark Levin. Now I know many of you reading this may not like him. However, the case that is being laid out originally came from him starting on Thursday night last week during his radio show. His case is not to say Obama wiretapped Trump, but what did Obama know and how did he go about doing it. Over the weekend and into this week this case gained momentum in major conservative websites and news outlets. If you don’t wish to read the eight points you may watch Mark lay them all out on Fox News below.
I want to make this clear we (Red Blue Divide) did not come up with this all bullets below came from Mark Levin and have been heavily circulated. Here you can read and investigate for yourself. Each bullet is sourced back the original article.
Conservative radio host Mark Levin scorched news media outlets by reading off a laundry list of reports on Obama administration spying:
1. “Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed to Heat Street that the FBI sought, and was granted, a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia.” (Heatstreet)
2. “The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials.” (The Guardian)
3. “The FBI and five other law enforcement and intelligence agencies have collaborated for months in an investigation into Russian attempts to influence the November election, including whether money from the Kremlin covertly aided President-elect Donald Trump, two people familiar with the matter said.” (McClatchy)
4. “The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.” (New York Times)
5. “In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections.” (New York Times)
6. “In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.” (New York Times)
7. Flynn Is Said to Have Talked to Russians About Sanctions Before Trump Took Office (New York Times) [“Where’d they get this information?” Levin asks.]
8. “The focus of the U.S. counterintelligence investigation has been on communications between Trump campaign officials and Russia. The inquiry involving Mr. Sessions is examining his contacts while serving as Mr. Trump’s foreign-policy adviser in the spring and summer of 2016, one person familiar with the matter said.” (Washington Post)
A couple of take-a-aways here. First, the Obama Administration did open an investigation into the Trump campaign. The criminal case against the Trump campaign never seemed to materialize which was referenced by the New York Times. On two occasions the Obama Administration made two requests to monitor Trump via the FISA court. The FISA court is the secret court that Edward Snowdon exposed and it’s very easy for the government to get a warrant. The FISA court denied the request twice, however in October granted access but no one knows what the reason was except that Trump wasn’t mentioned. Now before you get excited or upset what isn’t clear is this were the phone calls that were intercepted Trump’s (or his campaign) on their phones? We don’t know but before everyone screams they tapped his phone! The Obama Administration could have been investigating the Russian ambassador instead and then the Trump surrogates were picked up on the phone call.
On a side note, this Russia ambassador really seems to get around there are numerous pictures of him with a lot of politicians from both sides of the isle.
So the skinny is this Obama investigated the Trump campaign after the Democrats were embarrassed by their hacked emails. The purpose of the investigation originally was was to see if Trump was financially compromised by Russia. Trump campaign members were discovered to be talking to Russia officials albeit some were talking to them as part of their job function. I think the best way to handle this to release everything the FISA requests, FBI files, and phone tapes. Then have public hearings so no one on either side of the isle can hide.
Source: Independent Daily Review