Home News European Intelligence Official Makes A SCARY Claim After Washington Post Report

European Intelligence Official Makes A SCARY Claim After Washington Post Report

0
European Intelligence Official Makes A SCARY Claim After Washington Post Report

The Associated Press is reporting that a European intelligence official (who obviously wasn’t named) said that sharing information with the US “could be a risk for our sources.” The Hill reports:

A European intelligence official is reportedly warning that his country may stop sharing information with the U.S. after reports that President Trump revealed highly classified intel to Russian officials.
The official said sharing information “could be a risk for our sources,” the Associated Press reported.
The Washington Post reported Monday that Trump revealed highly classified intelligence information to Russia’s foreign minister and ambassador while meeting with them last week in the Oval Office.
Trump reportedly revealed, “code-word information” related to threats from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) that had been provided by a U.S. ally in the region.
One U.S. official told the newspaper that the information was so sensitive it had not been provided to U.S. allies.
Trump discussed the information, according to the report, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in the Oval Office during a meeting last Wednesday — a day after he fired FBI Director James Comey.
The White House on Monday evening pushed back on the reports. Speaking outside the White House, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said: “The story that came out tonight, as reported, is false.”

Apparently, not just us inside the US is concerned over this new report.

Source: http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/333569-european-official-country-might-stop-sharing-intel-with-us | Associated Press

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This