Today the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein testified to Congress and according to multiple reports has discredited a previous NY Times article. According to TheHill:
“I want to address the media claims that the FBI asked for additional resources for the investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. I’m not aware of any such request,” Rosenstein said, according to his released remarks.
He added that he also “consulted my staff and Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, and none of them recalls such a request.”
The New York Times first reported earlier this month that Comey made a request to the Justice Department for more resources, including more prosecutors and personnel for the investigation, which also includes potential contacts between President Trump’s campaign associates and Moscow.
Four congressional officials told the Times that Comey’s request was made directly to Rosenstein. The Justice Department denied that Comey had asked for additional resources shortly before he was fired.
House lawmakers confirmed after a briefing with Rosenstein on Friday that he told them he was not aware of Comey’s request.
“He has no evidence that Comey asked for any further resources, that all resources were there,” House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said in brief comments after the meeting.
Well, this is a direct contradiction from the reports issued by the NY Times and as this investigation continues some may start wondering how many more of these “reports” could be contradicted.
Source: The Hill