AOC’s unfavorable rating increasing rapidly, nearly as high as Pelosi’s

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has polarized so many in America today that she has garnered and unfavorability rating on par with many career politicians who have been in the public eye longer than she has been alive.

According to a a href=”https://smpa.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2046/f/downloads/GW%20Politics%20Poll%20Late%20September%202019%20Toplines%20%281%29.pdf” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>George Washington University survey, which asked respondents to rate more than 20 top politicians, the New York freshman Democrat was rated very unfavorable by 36.3 percent of likely voters and somewhat unfavorable by 8.8 percent of likely voters for a total unfavorability rating of 45.1 percent

By comparison, President Donald Trump Trump had an overall 52.6 percent unfavorability rate, and 44.8 percent have a very unfavorable view of him with the rest being only somewhat unfavorable.

House Speaker Pelosi rang in at 51.2 percent unfavorable rating, with 40.9 percent having a very unfavorable view, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, had an overall rating of 51.2 percent, with 38.7 percent having a very unfavorable view. Sen. Bernie Sanders is thought of unfavorably by 47.5 percent of likely voters and Sen. Elizabeth Warren had an unfavorable rate of 43.4 percent.

While Ocasio-Cortez’s policies have caused deep concern by many on the left, the congresswoman from New York has also had to defend her frequent emotionalism saying that it’s only normal for people in her position who care to cry while making public remarks.

Ocasio-Cortez’s comments came after Daily Wire writer Molly Price said that the 30-year-old’s consistent shows of emotion “only reinforces the stereotype that women are too emotional for politics.”

Ocasio-Cortez responded with a swipe at President Donald Trump, before defending her own actions in a flurry of tweets:

“Trump: sexually assaults women, impulsively allows Kurds to be murdered, boosts videos of shooting journalists,” AOC tweeted on Tuesday. “GOP: Aha! Letting your voice shake after seeing 1st-hand human rights violations at the border+ understanding climate stakes makes women “too emotional” for politics 🙄

“You know, maybe one of the actual problems w/ our politics is that too many politicians don’t feel anything when Americans die bc they can’t afford medicine, or when babies are permanently separated from parents.

“GOP only has tears for billionaires & outrage towards ‘others.'”

“It is time we trash the idea that empathy = leadership weakness. When people hurt, we should hurt too. That’s what good leaders do. It adds urgency & humanity to our decision making. Suppressing emotion can lead to aggression, impulsivity, & other erosions of leadership ability. Both rationality & emotion are inextricable to good leadership, which balances the two.

“If a person doesn’t feel urgency in their gut when communities are poisoned or when a young man dies bc he couldn’t afford price-gouged insulin, then they shouldn’t be in politics. At all.”

One recent display of the New York Democrat’s emotional share on a personal issue was when she announced that troves of mini AOCs might not be in America’s future, thanks to climate change.

Written by Savannah Pointer.

Follow Savannah on Twitter